Objectives of CCA
- Develop and enhance musical and performance abilities in an assortment of choral music.
- Build camaraderie and strong bonds through a mutual love of music and working together as a chorale.
Highlights of 2019 and 2020 :
- Participated in the Singapore Youth Festival 2019 for Choirs and awarded the Certificate of Distinction.
- Participated in a combined performance with St. Gabriel's Secondary School at Esplanade Recital Studio.
- Conducted e-CCA via Zoom.
Choir remains the only Co-Curricular Activity to be suspended during this pandemic. We miss the friendship, the laughter, and especially coming together (physically) to sing and make music.
This project, in a way, is a culmination of our digital learning journey - from grappling with new apps and recording techniques to a new norm of singing into the computer screen. Still, it has brought us closer to our own voices and made us more resilient and disciplined.
We stand not only with all choirs but other performing art groups to keep the arts alive.
Somewhere Out There
SSAA arranged by Kirby Shaw
Words and music by James Horner, Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil