Nature/ Objective of the General Music Program (GMP)
- To introduce to students the various aspect of music appreciation and to explore how music is used to influence and entertain people in many situations.
- To inspire and to create identity as well as to anchor values taught in National Education and Character and Citizenship Education (CCE).
Types of activities
- Teacher-centred instruction, group work and project-based learning through topical research and power-point presentation.
- Periodic music quizzes and performance assessments will be conducted to encourage group participation as well as collaboration.
Pursing Music beyond the GMP
There are opportunities for students (with a minimum of Grade 4 in Theory and Practical examinations) to take one of the following programmes at a Music centre of their choice.
- O-level Music and Higher Music
- Music Elective Programme (MEP) (additional requirement: audition)