1. Objectives of the PE programme
- to acquire a range of motor skills, concepts, principles and strategies to participate in 6 different physical activities
- to display positive personal and social behaviour across different experiences and environments
- to acquire health, diet, fitness and sports knowledge for lifelong commitment to a physically active and healthy lifestyle
2. The PE programme
- Physical games and sports skills / concepts
- Outdoor Education
- Physical Health and Fitness
3. Modes of Assessment
- NAPFA test (PFT)
- Games assessment / Theory assessment
4. Department Policy
- All pupils are to participate fully in PE lessons unless with valid medical certificates.
- All pupils are to be in their House T-shirts and PE shorts for all PE lessons.
- All pupils are to participate in sports events organised by the department.
(a) Sports Day
(b) Cross Country
(c) Inter-house Games
(d) Inter-class Games
5. PE as an O-Level subject
- Those inclined to sports can offer Physical Education as an O-Level subject in Sec 3.
- Through the 2 year curriculum, students will be able to appreciate the theoretical and practical aspects of PE.