Mathematics / POA
Mathematics is an important subject and it helps to develop important life skills such as logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
At the Mathematics Department in GMS(S), teachers will help the students gain confidence and competence in Mathematics by deepening conceptual understanding, encouraging creative thinking and developing problem-solving skills. In addition to teacher-led lessons and activities, students will also participate in IT-infused lessons and group work. Our teachers draw the relevance of the subject to real-life context in lessons, developing in our students a love for Mathematics
|Vision||GMS(S) students will maximise their potential in Mathematics and Principles of Accounts.|
|Mission||To provide a vibrant, exciting and meaningful teaching and learning environment where students’ potential in Mathematics and Principles of Accounts is maximized and staff’s sense of professional fulfillment is met.|
|Programmes||*Mathematics Learning Support Program (MLSP)
*Financial Literacy Project for Secondary 1 and 3
*These programmes are offered to specific groups of students according to learning needs and interests.
|Subject Combination||Selected Normal (Academic) students will be offered ‘O’ Levels Mathematics and N(A) Additional Mathematics at Secondary 3.
Selected Express and Normal (Academic) students will be offered ‘O’ Levels Additional Mathematics at Secondary 3.
For more information, do refer to the following links:
- Mathematics Syllabus Express / Normal (Academic)
- Mathematics Syllabus Normal (Technical)
- Additional Mathematics Syllabus Express / Normal (Academic)
- 'O' level Mathematics Syllabus
- 'O' level Additional Mathematics Syllabus
- 'O' level Principles of Accounts
- 'N(A)' level Mathematics Syllabus A
- 'N(A)' level Additional Mathematics
- 'N(A)' level Principles of Accounts
- 'N(T)' level Mathematics Syllabus T